Posted By:decmay
Subject:Re: My Dad's Service Records and ss number???
Post Date:December 17, 2012 at 18:34:08
Message URL:
Forum:Vietnam War Forum
Forum URL:

Also try the local VA affairs office, sometimes located in the county court house. The County Court house or Recorder's office to check for DD214 would be the one he lived in right after his discharge.
The free website Rootsweb no longer has the SSDI because of ID Theft, Ancestry no longer displays the SSN for those that died under 10 years ago, but SSDI database still displays numbers them, this is the link to view it: