|Posted By:||Harry Porter.|
|Subject:||Intersection of the Raines, Wynne, Tucker and Mathews families in Prince George|
|Post Date:||August 05, 2011 at 13:14:44|
|Forum:||Prince George County, VA Genealogy Forum|
Intersection of the Raines, Wynne, Tucker and Mathews families in Prince George County 1730-1753:
1) Lucia Mathis received a grant of 336 acres in 1730 in Prince George County on both sides of Reedy Creek of the Nottoway. She lost it to William Raines in 1753, having failed to pay the quitrents and improve the land.
2) William and Angelica Raines had a daughter Theodosia born 1749 in Albemarle Parish, Surry County, and sponsors/godparents were Daniel Wagon, Martha Tucker and Lucy Mathews (same person as Lucia Mathis?)
3) Angelica Raines was a Wynne before she married, daugher of Robert Sloman Wynne and wife (Martha Jeffferson?).
4) Angelica's sister Lucretia Wynne married Joseph Tudor Tucker, Jr. Lucretia's mother-in-law was a Martha Tucker, her sister-in-law was a Martha Tucker she and a daughter Martha Tucker, born about 1729. Daughter Martha was probably (?) the one who was a sponsor for her 1st cousin Theodosia Raines.
5) WHO WAS LUCIA MATHIS/LUCY MATHEWS? WHAT WAS HER RELATIONSHIP TO THESE OTHERS?
6) Angelica and Lucretia Wynne had an aunt named Lucy Wynne, daughter of Thomas Wynne and Agnes Stith, born about 1690. It is tempting to speculate about her; perhaps by 1730 she was the widow of a Mathews whom we have not found. Would not Lucia Mathis have to be a widow in order to get a land grant in her own name?