Posted By:Robert Hanley
Email:
Subject:Re: ERROR with EVENT images in Family Journal
Post Date:December 07, 2005 at 10:06:33
Message URL:http://genforum.genealogy.com/uft/messages/11042.html
Forum:Ultimate Family Tree Forum
Forum URL:http://genforum.genealogy.com/uft/

Dear Ruth and All,

Thank you for your reply concerning the problem I am trying to resolve. I'm into my fourth day of doing something you'll probably consider totally whacked out to resolve the issue. I've created a WORD format RTF Family Journal, WITHOUT checking the EVENT section for images. It runs perfectly, and has created over 10,000 pages of a book. I have been testing the SAMPLE KENNEDY Project, and added a # in a part of a text. The same Family Journal that ran perfectly prior to this in the Kennedy Sample, now encounters the same FOX PRO Error as the one with my Project. So, I've taken the GOOD Word File Family Journal and have been searching for (EVERY) # in the entire file from the top. Obviously it encounters a # for every legitimate person's ID, and so it is taking me forever. I've gone blind looking at the screen watching the cursor jump all over the pages finding the next #. I have located about twenty so far that I have now replaced with No. or Number, and have deleted the actual # from the text. The manual absolutely spelled it out that this is a character the user should NOT use in the event text. It is used for the coding which I had previously explaind I used according to the manual. I seriously think this is most likely my cause for the error messaging, but completing the task through all 10,000 pages is a tedious method. I'll keep you posted if this ever manages to produce the book I want. Just consider this, my next problem will be having the print spooling tell me there is too much data, and the printer will not queue up the entire book for print.