Posted By:Joan E. Rambo
Subject:Re: 1890 Census Substitute
Post Date:February 28, 2011 at 09:58:58
Message URL:
Forum:Lee County, TX Genealogy Forum
Forum URL:

You might try tax records. From the FHL online catalog:*,0,0

That gets you to the film with Lee Co, TX tax records. You can order out film to your nearest Family History Center. Check on fee, they only charge for mailing and insurance. They will notify you when film arrives and give you deadline when it will be returned to the FHL.

When a man's name disappears off tax records and the next year his wife's name appears, that means he is deceased.

Happy Hunting (^_^)