|Posted By:||David Stewart|
|Subject:||Re: GRAVES SHACKLEFORD|
|Post Date:||December 13, 2006 at 16:21:31|
|Forum:||Jack County, TX Genealogy Forum|
Alfred Shackelford and his wife Mary Margie Dodd came from Andreson County Texas in the late 1870's. They lived in Hill County for a while and moved to Jack County Texas. Alfred Shackelford and his wife had 11 children. They are listed below:
1. Lucy Ann Frances; born 9-9-1837,married Jesse F. Montgomery.
2. William Nettles; born; 4-17-1839, married Frances Missouri Dabbs on May 3, 1869 in Anderson County.
3. James Richard; born 6-24-1841, married Permilia Elizabeth Richardson on Nov. 23, 1869 in Anderson County.
4. Elizaabeth Jane; born 3-12-1843, married Moses Henry Hand.
5. Ludie M.; born 1-10-1845, never married.
6. Sarah Margie; born 6-21-1847, married John Marion Hyatt.
7. Charles M.; born 10-6-1849, died young.
8. Mary Abigail; born 11-13-1852, married John Rufus Slaughter.
9. Thomas Alfred; born 2-26-1858, died young.
10. Zachariah Willis; born 6-7-1854, married Mollie Emma Counts.
11. Uriah Joseph; born 10-31-1861, married Anna Julia Whitsitt.
All of the children except the ones that died early and William Nettles made the move to Jack County. William Nettles Shackelford stayed in Anderson County. I know for a fact that several family members moved to Lubbock around 1900.