|Subject:||WILLIAM CECIL TURNER MARRIED IN ANGELINA COUNTY, TEXAS 1881|
|Post Date:||January 27, 2004 at 20:59:03|
|Forum:||Angelina County, TX Genealogy Forum|
My grandfather, William Cecil Turner, married my great grandmother, Emily Jane Hemphill 14 February 1881 in Angelina County, Texas.
They were in Walker County by 1887 when my grandfather, Luthr Isaac "Lue" Turner was born.
William Cecil Turner and Emily Jane Hemphill Turner had seven children. Five lived to adulthood.
1. James Samuel Turner, born 1881 married Mary Lee Johnson, who lived to be 101 years. "Jim" and Mary Lee had four children. Jim was a Baptist Preacher and a guard at the Texas Prison in Huntsville, Texas. Both are buried in Pool Cemetery, Montgomery County, Texas.
2. Laura Turner, born 1885 died 1889 buried Leigh Cemetery, Walker County, Texas
3. Luther Isaac "Lue" Turner, born 1 February 1887 died 2 March 1974 Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas. Buried Pool Cemetery. Married Sarah Lula Gregg - 5 children
4. Willie Ernest Turner, born January 1889 died 1 Jul 1960 Walker County, Texas married Clemmice Marie Woolley in 1922 in Arkansas. Buried Pool Cemetery, Montgomery County, Texas. One son, Cecil Wayne Turner, WW II Veteran died 1989 Houston, Texas. Buried Louisiana, married (living), nine children.
5. Wesley Moses Turner, born 1891 Texas, died 1967 POTEAU, Oklahoma, buried Oklahoma. Married three times, 2 children from each marriage - one living in 2004
6. Viola "Ola" Turner, born 1893 died 1944 maybe in Baytown, Texas. Married James W. Long of the Montgomery County, Texas LONG'S. Four chidlren.
9. Rosa "Rosie" Turner, born 1895 died 1909 buried Pool cemetery, Montgomery County, Texas.
William Cecil Turner was the son of Samuel Turner and Emily Midkiff. Samuel Turner came to Texas September 1837 and Emily came in the late 1820's. They married in 1839 and had seven children.
I have a large amount of information to exchange and appreciate any help