|Posted By:||Donya Carter|
|Subject:||SMITH of TN|
|Post Date:||June 08, 1998 at 14:09:31|
|Forum:||Tennessee Genealogy Forum|
Anyone with information on this family please let me know or if you think you have a link I would love to share information with you.
(FAMILY 1) HENRY SMITH
Henry SMITH b. ca. 1824 w.NY married to Sarah (last name unknown)b. ca 1840 w. TN they had 3 children as follows:
1. Rufus SMITH b. Jan 1867 w. TN
2. Clarence SMITH b. ca 1876 w. AL
3. William SMITH b. ca 1876 w. AL (were these 2 twins? not sure)
4. Westly WOODARD b. ca 1868 w. TN (must be a relative of Henry or Minnie)
Henry SMITH was found on the 1880 census of Limestone Co., AL he was not found on any prior census of Limestone Co., AL so it is believed that he came to Limestone between 1870 and 1880. This census states that Henry's father and mother were born in NY. I am not sure exactly where, when, or names of Henry's Parents. Sarah is an unknown, I don't have a maiden name on her.
I know that she was born in TN and that her mother and father were born in TN.
(FAMILY 2) RUFUS SMITH SON OF HENRY SMITH
Rufus SMITH b. Jan 1867 w. TN m. 27 Jul 1893 w. Limestone Co., AL to Minnie L. THOMPSON b. Apr 1875 w. TN they had 6 children as follows:
1. Lonnie Lee SMITH b. 1 May 1894 w. Limestone Co., AL d. 14 Jul 1965
2. Lella b. ca 1899 w. Limestone Co., AL
3. Lena M. b. ca.1902 w. Limestone Co., AL
4. Lenard b. ca 1903 w. Limestone Co., AL
5. John D. b. ca 1906 w. Limestone Co., AL
6. unknown had already passed away prior to 1910 census.
Rufus SMITH is found on the 1900 Limestone Co., census however on the 1910 Limestone Co., census it states that Minnie L. SMITH is a widow. We believe that Rufus died sometime between 1900 and 1910 in Limestone Co., AL. He is not listed on any cemetary lists for Limestone but we think that he could have been burried in his home town in TN. Just not sure yet. I am still digging for information on Rufus and Minnie. I know that Minnie L. THOMPSON'S father born in IL and mother born in TN. I am not sure what happened to Minnie L. after 1910 she could have gotten remarried or moved I am just not sure. I have some digging left to do on these 2 people.
(FAMILY 3) LONNIE LEE SMITH SON OF RUFUS SMITH