|Posted By:||Michael Witherspoon|
|Subject:||Fernando BAKER; Scout|
|Post Date:||January 30, 2002 at 07:47:53|
|Forum:||Spanish-American War Forum|
I am trying to locate info on my great grandfather, Fernando BAKER. He was born 04 Dec 1860 in OHIO, county unknown as yet. I know that he migrated to Louisiana at some point. Fernando lived with his family on the Mississippi River in a houseboat for many years. Fernando eventually ended up in Port Gibson, Claiborne County, Mississippi where he died in 1938. It was recorded that he was a scout in the war (could possibly be Spanish-American war).
Fernando BAKER married Nancy Elizabeth YOUNG, 17-Oct-1891 in Pemiscot Co., Missouri. There were other Baker marriages in Pemiscot Co around the same time, including: Marietta, Sofronia, and Ada BAKER (possibly siblings).
Nancy was born in Ripley, Lauderdale County, Tennessee, on 15 Apr 1874. She died in Grand Gulf, Mississippi on 12 Feb 1941.
The children of Fernando BAKER and Nancy YOUNG were:
1. Mary Mageline BAKER (born 19 Nov 1892, Gibson Landing, Louisiana. Married John Lee MARTIN)
2. Rosie Viola BAKER (born 18 Aug 1901. Married Wesley QUALLS.)
3. Frank BAKER (10 Apr 1906, St. Joseph, Tensas Parish, Louisiana. Married Deanie RUSSUM 18 Sep 1937 in Port Gibson, Mississippi)
4. Myrtle Rose Baker (born 30 Aug 1909. Married Jessie QUALLS)
5. Martha Mae Baker (born 11 Nov 1911,Gibson, Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana. Married Willie Alexander WRENN)
6. John Alvin Baker (born 22 Nov 1922,Winter Quarters,Louisiana. Married Helen Joyce WHORTON).
Any information on Fernando BAKER and Nancy Elizabeth YOUNG and their ancestory would be most helpful.