Posted By:Carolyn Burke
Subject:Re: Spanish-American War
Post Date:October 26, 2002 at 21:10:49
Message URL:
Forum:Spanish-American War Forum
Forum URL:


Henry V. Sharp applied for a pension.
Application #1546458
Certificate #A-12-31-31 Ohio

He served in L1 ohio Infantry.

Please contact NARA (National Archives and Records Admin).

You need form NATF 86. They have a page where you can
e-mail them and ask for the form. Just give them your
snail mail and they will send it to you. $17 for service
records and $34 for pension records. (Good luck on trying
to get pension records which contain a lot of info. They
will send you to the Veterans Admin and it takes them years
to get the info to you).

Also, go to

I found my grandfather's unit here. Lots of info about
the S.A.W.