Posted By:Allen Davis
Subject:Re: I have Civil War books will lookup....
Post Date:June 04, 2010 at 22:51:44
Message URL:
Forum:Southern Unionist Forum
Forum URL:

Hi Sandra,

You may or may not already know this, but you can order Civil War records from the National Archives. I recently ordered records for one of my g-g-g grandfathers. You can actually order pension application packets if the veteran or his widow or children applied for a pension after the war. The pension records often have personal information like marriage certificates, etc. As of today (June 4, 2010) the pension records cost about $75. I ordered the complete military records (no pension information) for $25.