|Posted By:||Larry Parker|
|Subject:||Re: Wilhelm/William/Vilem/Viliam go by nickname Walenty/Valentine?|
|Post Date:||November 29, 2012 at 17:04:41|
|Forum:||Slovak Genealogy Forum|
Thanks for the information.
Yes, I'm sure of the names.
I guess I will never know why people in my chart who were known as a variant spelling of William about 85% of the time, were known as a variant spelling of Valentine the other 15% of the time.
This isn't a huge issue, but I just thought I would ask posters here who have more insight into Slovak customs.