Posted By:Mary Gregg
Subject:Re: Pension's
Post Date:February 22, 2002 at 19:51:06
Message URL:
Forum:Seminole War Forum
Forum URL:

Lynn, I think so, but I'm not sure. You would need to look in a book entitled INDEX TO OLD WARS PENSION FILES, 1815-1926, by Virgil D. White.
In the Introduction to this book, Mr. White wrote, "The index to the 01d Wars Pension Files 1815-1926 was obtained from microfilm records located at the National Archives. The "Old Wars" files are primarily for claims based on death or disability incurred in the military service between the end of the Revolutionary War in 1783 and the beginning of the Civil War in 1861. . ." I know from my own experience that applications for service in the Creek Indian War (southeastern U. S.) are in the Old Wars file.
Mary Gregg