|Posted By:||W. Roger Gillem|
|Subject:||Re: Joseph Seaver, NY State|
|Post Date:||June 22, 2000 at 03:29:20|
|Forum:||Seaver Family Genealogy Forum|
Please check to see if this is your Joseph. If so, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is part of a 2 volume book on the Sever Family and the Robert that is first in the list is Robert Sever of Roxbury.
Descendants of Joseph Sever
Generation No. 1
1. JOSEPH6 SEVER (ABIJAH5, NATHANIEL4, JOHN3, NATHANIEL2, ROBERT1) was born 1770. He married ABIGAIL WHITNEY 11/17/1799.
Children of JOSEPH SEVER and ABIGAIL WHITNEY are:
2. i. ELIZABETH WHITNEY7 SEVER.
3. ii. JOSEPH SEVER, b. 6/17/1804.
4. iii. WILLIAM WHITNEY SEVER, b. 4/06/1806, Roxbury, Mass.; d. 3/01/1858.
iv. NATHANIEL SEVER, b. 9/24/1808; d. unmarried.
v. ABIGAIL DANA SEVER, b. 9/16/1810; d. unmarried.
Generation No. 2
2. ELIZABETH WHITNEY7 SEVER (JOSEPH6, ABIJAH5, NATHANIEL4, JOHN3, NATHANIEL2, ROBERT1). She married GEORGE SEAVER 6/29/1823, son of BENJAMIN SEAVER and DEBBIE LOUD.
Children of ELIZABETH SEVER and GEORGE SEAVER are:
i. ABIGAIL FRANCES8 SEAVER.
ii. JOSEPH AUGUSTUS SEAVER.
iii. ELLEN MARIA SEAVER.
iv. GEORGE SEAVER, b. 5/1824; d. 8/10/1825.
v. GEORGE WILLIS SEAVER, b. 8/26/1826; d. 2/12/1918; m. BETSY BAKER, 5/04/1853.
vi. ELIZABETH AUGUSTUS SEAVER, b. 1855; d. 12/16/1920.
3. JOSEPH7 SEVER (JOSEPH6, ABIJAH5, NATHANIEL4, JOHN3, NATHANIEL2, ROBERT1) was born 6/17/1804. He married PHEBE S. ELMES.
Children of JOSEPH SEVER and PHEBE ELMES are:
i. JOSEPH H.8 SEVER, m. MARY GILLESPIE.
ii. EMMA SEVER.
iii. THOMAS ELMES SEVER.
iv. MARIA E. SEVER.
v. WILLIAM ARCHER SEVER.
vi. FRANK SEVER.
vii. CHARLES SEVER.
viii. MARY SEVER.
ix. JAMES R. S. SEVER, d. 1920, Ardmore, Pa..
4. WILLIAM WHITNEY7 SEVER (JOSEPH6, ABIJAH5, NATHANIEL4, JOHN3, NATHANIEL2, ROBERT1) was born 4/06/1806 in Roxbury, Mass., and died 3/01/1858. He married HANNAH HEWES HUNNAMAN 10/21/1829.
Children of WILLIAM SEVER and HANNAH HUNNAMAN are:
i. JOSEPH ALFRED8 SEVER, m. MARY HAMLENBACH.
ii. GEORGE ARTHUR SEVER, b. 7/17/1830; d. 10/12/1899, New Orleans, Louisanna; m. MARGIE FORD.
iii. WILLIAM ALBERT SEVER, b. 7/25/1832; d. 1899, San Francisco, California; m. HELEN SMITH.
Notes for WILLIAM ALBERT SEVER:
Lived in Oakland, Calif.
iv. JOSEPH ALFRED SEVER, b. 7/05/1834, N.Y.C.; d. 6/16/1911; m. (1) MARY ELIZABETH HAULENBEEK; m. (2) STATIRA B. MCCORD, 1861.
Notes for JOSEPH ALFRED SEVER:
In the early 1850's, he went west and engaged in business in Iowa, returning east at the start of the Civil War. He took residence at Roseville, New Jersey. Then he moved to Brooklyn in 1884. He was a member of the Consolidated Stock exchange and the firm of Ellis & Seaver. stockbrokers, In the latter years of his life, he was Superintendent of the Shinnecook Hills Golf Club, in Southampton, Long Island.
v. HANNAH ADELAIDE SEVER, b. 8/29/1838; d. 8/30/1914; m. WILSON CROSBY.
vi. ALEXANDER HARRISON SEVER, b. 2/17/1840, N.Y.C.; m. ABBEY BADGER, Brooklyn.
Notes for ALEXANDER HARRISON SEVER:
Alexander Harrison Sever was in the Civil War from 1661-1665
vii. ABBY ANN SEVER, b. 8/13/1842; d. 1904; m. (1) WARREN A. WHITE; m. (2) JOSEPH MILNER.
Notes for ABBY ANN SEVER:
viii. FRANCES AMANDA SEVER, b. 1/25/1847; d. 1873; m. JOSIAH QUINCY.