|Posted By:||June Smith|
|Subject:||Re: Sir Walter Raliegh and the Railey's|
|Post Date:||September 24, 2001 at 00:05:48|
|Forum:||Railey Family Genealogy Forum|
I to am searching the Railey family. I have research back to 1880 census. Joseph Henry Railey married to a Ellen McCoy. Ellen's parents were from South Carolina.Joseph Henry Railey's mother was Abigail. Abigail had a child named Charlie Steve whom married Mallie Ann Mills were married July 16,1910 in Houston County,Alabama. Charlie and Mallie lived in Cuthbert Randolph County, Georgia. That is where ist is believed that all 8 of their children were born.
1.) J. B. Railey born Feb. 29, 1912 died Oct. 18, 1988 and was buried in Georgetown,Ga. never married
2) Nellie Mae Railey born April 15, 1914, Died My 10, 1958 hjouston County, Alabama buried Columbia City Cemetary Houston County, Alabama. Nellie married Henry Watkins and then to Dewey Skeeto.
3) John A. Railey born Nov. 13,1915 died Dec. 8, 1983 buried Garden of Memories Cemetary at Houston County, Alabama. John A. married Beatrice Snellgrove and had only one child, Juanita Railey.
4) Charlie Dee Railey -- World War 2 veteran from Columbia Alabama.
5) Mallie Mae Railey married William Raymond Ragan maybe spelled Reagan.
6) Mary Elizabeth Railey born June 22, 1926.She married George Emmett Rolison and J.G. Pippins. Mary Elizabeth died May 23, 1970.
7) Lillie JAne Railey born Aug. 21, 1927 died Dec. 23, 1967. She was married to Albert Lee and then to Lynn Shehan.
8) Frances Lucille Railey stil living in Dothan, Alabama.