|Posted By:||Christopher Cain|
|Subject:||Re: Pursers in Bedfordshire|
|Post Date:||November 04, 2001 at 22:25:49|
|Forum:||Purser Family Genealogy Forum|
Sandi and Aubrey:
Hereís my Purser family back as far as I had it before our discussion:
1 George PURSER b: Abt. 1848 Cotton End
+Mary Ann [ROWE?] b: Abt. 1839 Buckingham, Bucks
2 Thomas William PURSER b: Abt. 1870 Cotton End
2 George PURSER b: Abt. 1872 Cotton End
2 Frank PURSER b: Abt. 1873 Cotton End
2 Harry PURSER b: Abt. 1875 Cotton End
+Alice GREEN m: in St. Albans, Herts
3 Evelyn May (Bob) PURSER
+Arthur Rowland THOMAS
3 Marjorie Grace (Carol) PURSER
3 Maurice George PURSER
3 William PURSER
3 Joan PURSER
+William Roger CAIN
4 Christopher Michael CAIN b: 1945 Bedford
3 Cyril James (Sid) PURSER
3 John Frederick PURSER
2 Fred PURSER b: Abt. 1877 Cotton End
2 Cicely Violet PURSER b: Abt. 1880 Cotton End
My dad and mother met when he was a US Air Force captain stationed at Thurleigh during the war. I was born in Bedford but we've been living in the States almost ever since. We're all now in California.
It looks like you two are distant half-cousins. There still seem to be some some pieces missing as I try to fit my family in with yours. Aubrey, you seem to have gone further back in our history, if you can help with these questions it would be a great help:
1) Is the John of Cople 1779 you mention the son of Oliver Purser and Mary Bennett?
If so, do you know their parents?
2) Did John 1779 marry Ann Ray or Wray in July 1799 at Cople or Cardington?
3) Do you know children of John 1779 other than William 1812 Cardington?
4) Who was John 1822 Willingtonís father?
5) Were Mary Ann Yoxen and Lavinia Keep wives of the same John?
6) Do you know William 1812 Cardingtonís wife Annís maiden name?
7) Do you know my great-grandfather Georgeís wife Mary Annís maiden name? The closest Iíve found is Mary Ann Rowe who married George Purser December 1868 in Bedford.
Finally, may I ask both of you your fatherís names?