|Posted By:||Kris Whitehead|
|Subject:||Re: searching by given name|
|Post Date:||December 31, 1999 at 07:13:57|
|Forum:||Personal Ancestral File Forum|
PAF 4.0 has far superior searching capabilities than previous versions of PAF. To do this in PAF 4.0:
1. Click on Search and choose Advanced Focus/Filter.
2. In the bottom of the Advanced Focus/Filter screen is a button that says "Define" for "Field Filter".
3. When you click that, it brings up a "Field Filtering" screen.
4. You will see "Name" on the left side.
5. Double click that and you will be able to search on given name only.