|Posted By:||Jim Gallaher|
|Subject:||Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! CONDRIETs....|
|Post Date:||June 12, 1999 at 05:53:00|
|Forum:||Clearfield County, PA Genealogy Forum|
The book I have ("Twentieth Century History of Clearfield County Pennsylvania and Representative Citizens" by Roland D. Swoope, Jr.) was published about 1911. The book, that was handed down to me from my Grandfather, contains descrepancies in regard to spelling of names and some dates, that I discovered when comparing information with our family bible. However, the information for the most part appears to be accurate. With that said, here is what I have been able to determine reading the account of the Coudriet family. The article about the Courdiet family deals mainly with Lawrence M., one of the 12 children of Leon M and Gonpiere Guenot. They were married in 1853. Leon was born May 10, 1831, died April 25, 1888 and Gonpiere was born Jan. 6, 1833 and died Nov. 1, 1908. Here is the account of the 12 children:(m-male,f-female)
1) Francis (m) - Lived & died in the town of Clearfield.
2) Prosper (m)- Lived & died in house built by Leon (Clearfield town)
3) Alpheus (m) - Farmed old homestead - Clearfield town
4) Anne J. (f) - Lived in Pittsburgh
5) Hillary J. (f) - Managed the grocery dept. of a large store in Philipsburg, Pa.
6) Felecia (f) - Married James Gormount, a farmer of Covington Twp. Clearfield Co.
7) Jane (f) - Married A.L. Picard of Frenchville, Pa.
8) Kate A. (f) - Married a Dr. Newling
9) Celestia (f) - Married F.J. Liegey of Covington Twp.
10 & 11) Elizabeth (f) + Unnamed (f) died about 1902 (no details)
12) Lawrence (m) - Owned the Central Hotel in Coalport, Covington Twp.
Lawrence moved to the mouth of Deer Creek, the site of Condley, Pa. This town was named after him and a second settler named Albert Stanley. The name is a combination of the two last names. He purchased the Central Hotel in Coalport in 1909. He married Julia M. Donovan May 22, 1901. She was the daughter of John and Rosa Donovan of Grampian (formerly Hawk Run). Lawrence and Julia had three children: Paul B., Leona M. and Earle. There is no information about the children.
That's the total relevent information about the children I can get from the book. I hope this helps.