|Posted By:||William Muller|
|Subject:||Family of Samuel WILSON and Eliza MITCHELL|
|Post Date:||August 08, 2012 at 06:32:01|
|Forum:||Allegheny County, PA Genealogy Forum|
Seeking information on the WILSON family of Pittsburgh from the middle of the 19th cent. Until the start of the 20th. The immigrant ancestor was Samuel Wilson (b. 1825 in Ireland; married Eliza MITCHELL in Pittsburgh in 1853; d. 1891 in Pittsburgh). Eliza MITCHELL was the daugther of Joseph Lindsay Mitchell and Agnes Johnston, my maternal great great grandparents. Eliza MITCHELL was b. abt 1832 in Co. Down, Ireland and d. in Pittsburgh abt. 1935 at the age of 103.
Samuel WILSON and Eliza MITCHELL had 11 children, several of whom played important roles in the creation and operation of the A.&W. CONSTRUCTION Co. which was an important builder in Pittsburgh in the early 20th cent.
The children of Samuel and Eliza were:
1) Adam, 1855-1912, m. Mary Dickson Watson and had three children
2) Joseph Charles, 1857-1941, m. Nellie Blanche Allen and had 4 children
3) Mary Johnston, 1859-1912, m. John Wilbert Milholand and had 7 children
4) Howard H., 1862-1923, m. Fairene Stone and had 2 children
5) Victor Grant, 1863-1920, m. Annie Brady Freeland and had 2 children
6) Clara Jane, 1865-aft 1930
7) Emma Elizabeth, 1867- aft 1930
8) Agnes Mitchell, 1869- aft 1930
9) James Ingram Moreland, 1871- ??, m. Pauline Pratt
10) Harry, 1872- ??, m. Emma M. ??
11) Oscar, 1875- ??, m, Juliet P. ??
I have considerable information about the families of the older children and their role in the A.&S. Construction Co., but less on the younger ones. In particular, I would be interested in where ANY members of the family are buried.
Willing to share information.