Posted By:James Rosengarten
Subject:Re: Need copy of marriage certificate
Post Date:May 03, 2003 at 15:21:41
Message URL:
Forum:Shelby County, OH Genealogy Forum
Forum URL:

I was looking for some info for my family when I ran across your posting. I live in Shelby County, Ohio. I checked in one of my books and found that James H. Monrow married Elizabeth Duffin on Sept. 8, 1853. Marriage was performed by Andrew Waucop, Minister. A copy of the Marriage Certificate should be available from the Shelby county Probate Court. It will be listed in Book 3 Page 364.
I do not know if they take requests by phone or mail but it can't hurt to try. They have been doing some remodeling in the records office, not sure it they are done. If you get really desperate I can go there myself and make a copy for you for a reasonable fee. My email is

Good Luck,