|Posted By:||Valerie Wattier|
|Subject:||Searching: Henry Mathews Family|
|Post Date:||April 14, 2007 at 10:09:43|
|Forum:||Hancock County, OH Genealogy Forum|
Would appreciate any info anyone has on the following family.
Here is what I do know:
Henry Mathews b. 1782 Pennsylvania removed to Trumbull Co., Ohio in 1802. He married Mary McIntyre (b. btw 1786-1790 Ireland) c. 1810.
* Henry served in the war of 1812 under the immediate command of General Henry Harrison.
* In 1820 he is enumerated in Liberty, Trumbull, Ohio, with is wife and 4 children.
* In 1830 he is enumerated in Coitsville, Trumbull, Ohio, with his wife and 8 Children.
* In 1837 he removed to Hancock Co., and with his oldest son James J., bought 160 acres.
* In 1840 he is enumerated in Union, Hancock, Ohio with his wife and all 9 of their children.
* In 1845 Henry Mathews passed away in Hancock Co., Ohio (exact date, circumstances and burial are unknown at this time)
Mary and the children stayed in Union, Hancock, Ohio for a few more years and then all spread out.
*In 1850 and 1860 Mary is enumerated in Liberty, Logan, Ohio
*In 1870 she is enumerated in Leon, Waushara, Wisconsin
* Mary passed away on 30 Aug 1873 in Waushara Co., Wisconsin
she was residing with her son Joseph.
Children born in Trumbull Co., Ohio to Henry Mathews and Mary McIntyre are:
1.) Elizabeth b. c 1810 d. bef 1890
2.) James J. b. c 1815 d. bef 1890
3.) Willian b. c 1817
4.) Mary Jane b. c 1819
5.) John Kimball b. Nov 1823-1824 m. Anna c 1881
6.) Sarah Thorn b. 30 Nov 1824 m. John Hodge 10 May 1845 d. 16 Mar 1907 Leon, Waushara, Wisconsin
7.) Nathan Harnard b. c 1827 m. Catherine Williamson 01 Jan 1850
8.) Maria b. Mar 1829-1830 m.Davis J Pugh 11 Apr 1848 divorced and moved to Wisconsin; enumerated in 1900 Leon, Waushara, Wisconsin with brother Joseph and sister Sarah.
9.) Joseph b. 18 Sep 1832 m1. Martha Ann Cate 17 Dec 1854 WI m2. Lydia Tibbits Cate 08 Mar 1868 WI d. 11 Sep 1915 Omro, Winnebago, Wisconsin
I would greatly appreciate any info adding to this about the children and their families. Thanks.