Posted By:Diane Dixon
Email:
Subject:Re: Linnie Nutt (b.1871- Delaware Co.) m.Goldie Mann (b.1882)
Post Date:June 16, 2007 at 09:08:26
Message URL:http://genforum.genealogy.com/oh/delaware/messages/550.html
Forum:Delaware County, OH Genealogy Forum
Forum URL:http://genforum.genealogy.com/oh/delaware/

GENOA TOWNSHIP. - 847

GENOA TOWNSHIP.
http://www.heritagepursuit.com/Delaware/delgenoa.htm
JOHN C. NUTT, farmer; P. O. Central College g was born Jan. 21, 1810, in Frederick Co., Va.; was 10 years old when his folks came to Ohio. His father, John Nutt, Sr., was born in 1780, in Virginia. When 24 years old, he was married to Mary Cohorn; they had nine children. In 1820, they came to Ohio, and until 1831 lived near Zanesville ; then came to Delaware Co., locating in the south part of Genoa Township, where Mrs. Nutt died in 1852, and Mr. Nutt March 5, 1866. They were members of the Baptist Church. The subject was their second child, and remained with, and worked for, his father until 21 years old. Feb. 12, 1833, he married Eliza A. Eoff. She was born Dec. 18, 1810, in New Jersey. After marriage; he located in Genoa Township, and the following year bought and moved onto his present homestead of 100 acres. They had seven children-John C., Jr., who married Elizabeth Randolph ; they have ten children, and live in Franklin Co.; Jacob W., married Eliza Hennis ; they have one child, and live on our subject's home place ; the other five children are dead. Mrs. Nutt died Nov. 11, 1845, and Aug. 22, 1846, he married his present wife, Elizabeth Thompson; she was born Aug. 8, 1823 ; by whom he has seven children, of whom Joseph T., Mary A., Eveline M., Edward J., Charles J. and Martha S. still survive, and David H., deceased. . Of those living, Joseph T., Mary A. and Eveline M. are married, and living in Genoa Township. The three youngest live with the subject, when not engaged in teaching. Mr. Nutt united with the Baptist Church at the age of 21, and remained with that body until 1866, when he and his wife united with the Christian Union Church at Maxwell, with which they are still connected.