|Posted By:||Joe Layton|
|Subject:||Laytons in Lyons (Wayne Co) NY|
|Post Date:||March 18, 2001 at 16:52:08|
|Forum:||Wayne County, NY Genealogy Forum|
I didn't realize at the time when I posted this message on the Surname board that there was a spot to post for counties. I am looking for information on John Layton' s parents? Sarah Griffin I believe was his mother from NJ. She is listed in 1865 Census as his Mother age 82. John moved to Lyons from Thompson County NY in 1817 at the age of 11. John married Harriet (Penoyer) around 1830?. John is said to be one of the founding fathers of the village of Lyons. He died on December 16th 1869 at the age of 63. They had 9 Children:
* Ruben P. Born 1832 Married Carrie A. Sutherland
* Daniel W. Born 1833 Married Henrietta ?
* Nelson P. Born 1835 Married Amanda M. ?
* Hiram W. Born 1 Nov 1839 Married Jenny Northrup
* Sarah L. Born 1837 Married ? White
* Mary E. Born 1842 Married Zacharia P. Denler
* John Jr Born 8 Jan 1845 Married Mary E. Murdock
* Franklin Born 1850
* Dexter C. Born 1856
I have some information on most of these children.