|Posted By:||Michael Theis|
|Subject:||Charles Ward Rich of Eaton|
|Post Date:||September 21, 2007 at 08:26:00|
|Forum:||Madison County, NY Genealogy Forum|
I am researching the family of Charles Ward Rich, born 10 Dec 1827 in New York. He died 8 Dec 1881 and is buried in the Eaton Cemetery. He married Mary J. Smith, born Aug 1830 in Otselic, Chenango County, daughter of William Smith Jr. and Abigal Marvin. They lived in Eaton in the 1850 through the 1910 census's. In the 1880 census, both of Charles Rich's parents were born in Connecticut. The only other incidence of that in the 1880 census is Wells R. Rich, whose parents are Reuben and Rachel (Loveland) Rich of Smithfield. Research indicates that this is not a probable connection however. Please help!
They had the following children:
1) Euciline Rich, born Est 1852, in Eaton. Not present in the 1870 census.
2) Charles W. Rich, born Jan 1855, in Eaton. Married Alida M. about 1878, and had three children: Daniel Ward, Clara M., and Cora A.
3) Rosaline Rich, born Est 1856, in Eaton.
4) Eva A. Rich, born Est 1860, in Eaton.
5) Augusta M. Rich, born Est 1863, in Eaton.
6) Elvin J. Rich, born June 1870, in Eaton. Married Pearl A. about 1904. He died in 1940 and is buried in Eaton Cemetery.