|Posted By:||Victoria Erickson Stewart|
|Subject:||Lydia Sims Isaac Thompson Jefferson,1850|
|Post Date:||May 10, 2001 at 23:32:05|
|Forum:||Jefferson County, NY Genealogy Forum|
I am seeking information on Lydia Sims who married Isaac Thompson, and lived in Jefferson County, New York in mid-1800s
They had my great grandpa, Wallace Thompson, on October 4, 1842.
If anyone is interested, please contact me, Victoria at email@example.com Phone 360-262-0269
Here are my research notes:
WALLACE THOMPSONíS FAMILY, EARLY LIFE STORY
Wallace Thompson was born in Jefferson County, New York on October 4, 1842 to parents Isaac Thompson and Lydia Sims.
We want to know MORE ABOUT LYDIA SIMS
When was she born?
When did she die?
Where is she buried?
Who were her parents?
Who were her siblings?
WE also need to KNOW MORE ABOUT ISAACíS FAMILY
About Father Isaac
Isaac was a farmer, and fought in the War of 1812.
He should have received some bounty land, and this needs to be checked into. The land might not necessarily be in the state in which one lived.
Lydia Sims Thompson got a pension, because Isaac was in War of 1812, and after he died on June 18, 1873, she registered for his pension.
Where is Isaac buried?
Children of Isaac and Lydia Sims Thompson
Notes about the Thompson children:
1. Wallace was one of eleven children.
2. All of the Thompson children were apparently born in Antwerp, Jefferson County, New York.
3. Grandpa Wallace wrote a paper on his brothers and sisters.
***Who has this paper? Get a copy.
Also: get a copy of the Pension Records!!!
4. The family spent their early life living in New York. Need to check census records!!!!
1. William Sims Thompson, born Sept 6, 1820 died April 6, 1865. He was the first born. He married Cordelia Sophia Lockwood in Pennsylvania on October 26, 1848.
Children of William and Cordelia
William Sims Thompson Jr., born October 6, 1852
Charles Lee. Thompson, born August 25, 1857.
Clara Louisa Thompson, born March 15, 1861.
William had married Cordelia Sophia Rockwood, who was born July 7, 1827 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
When did she die?
They were married on October 26, 1848 in Philadelphia, by a Rev. O.A. Douglas, at the Methodist Episcopal Church.
They lived at Bristol, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, where all of their children were born. . When all their children were born
2. Nancy (no middle name) Thompson, March 29, 1822. She died January 13, 1857.
She may have been married? Check this.
3. Louisa (no middle name) She was born on January 11, 1824, (no death date)
She married David Storie or Story.
They had children
Does Aunt Carol know their names, dates?
4. Charlotte. She was born on February 26, 1826. She died on November 10, 1849, at the age of twenty three. She did not marry.
5. Robert S. Thompson, He was born on April 7, 1828. No death date.
6. Charles L. Thompson, born June 18, 1830. No death date.
7. E.G. Thompson, June 3, 1833. Died June 24, 1851. Died at the age of eighteen.
Is this a girl or a boy?
8. S.J. (Sarah Jane) Thompson. Born October 7, 1835. Died April 18, 1836. Just shy of seven months old. Very sad.
9. Sarah Jane Thompson who was born April 23, 1837. No death date.
This second Sarah was most probably named for her older sister, who died as a baby.
This second Sarah was born almost exactly one year after the first Sarah, which doubtless also prompted her parents to name her thus.
Sarah married William P. Miller. They may have children.
10. George Thompson He was born on January 13, 1840. No death date.
11. Wallace Thompson, born October 4, 1842. Our Grandfather. He married his second wife, my great grandma, Martha Aegard.