|Posted By:||Patricia Morrow|
|Subject:||Ostrander, Kirk, Lamoreau|
|Post Date:||April 20, 2001 at 17:43:27|
|Forum:||Delaware County, NY Genealogy Forum|
I'm not related to these families, but a descendant with no computer has asked me to locate additional information on the descendants of Peter Ostrander b. 14 May 1796, and his wife, Maria Lamoreau, b. about 1819 in Albany County, NY. They resided in the towns of Jewett and Lexington, Greene County, NY.
Their children as listed in the Ostrander genealogy:
1. Martha - b. about 1844, no further info
2. Catharine - b. about 1845, no further info
3. Harrison - b. 15 Aug 1847, see below
4. Seward - b. about 1848 - 1851, see below
5. Henry - b. about 1851, no further info
6. Riley - b. about 1860, no further info
7. Louisa - b. about 1861, no further info
Especially interested in knowing what became of Martha, Catharine, Henry, Riley and Louisa, and where all these people were buried.
Harrison Ostrander - d. 26 Jan 1921. He married 16 Sep 1869, Adeline Davis, widow of Uriah Schermerhorn, and daughter of William Davis and Triphena Ford.
Adeline Davis - b. 23 Apr 1831, d. 2 Mar 1904 in Spruceton, Town of Lexington, NY. They had Ella.
Ella Ostrander - b. 18 Apr 1873, m. 25 Nov 1891, Daniel C. Kirk. They had:
Birdetta Kirk - b. 1892
Harry D. - b. 1896 who married Lela Mae DuBois
twins Floyd A. and Lloyd E. - b. 27 Apr 1902
Gerald B. "Jerky" - b. 13 May 1906, d. 1969
Seward Ostrander - d. 9 Feb 1913 at home of R. Edwards, Rensselaerville, Albany County, NY. He married 6 Oct 1879, Juliette Davis, daughter of James Hiram Davis and Rhoda U. Lamoreau.
Juliette Davis - b. 3 Jun 1855, d. 16 Jan 1902. Seward and Juliette were buried in the Windham Cemetery, Windham, Greene County, NY. Their children were as follows:
1. Jay H. Ostrander - b. 21 Oct 1880, m. 4 Jan 1900, Laura Tuttle (1881-1982). Children:
Gertrude L. Ostrander - b. 8 Dec 1904 at Windham, m. 17 Sep 1933, Charles Winters
Florence J. - b. 29 May 1908 at Windham and d. Sep 1908 at Windham
Vaneita - b. 17 Sep 1910 at Conesville, Schoharie County, NY, m. Michael Cook.
2. Hazel Ostrander - b. Jan 1883
m(1). Clarence Vandemark, before February 1913
m(2). Emerson Brown, before May 1940.
Resided in Kingston, Ulster County, NY. Any children?
3. Harry B. Ostrander - b. 26 Jan 1886, d. 20 Mar 1983, m. Vera A. Gardner (1893-1978). Harry was the principal of Germantown Central School in Columbia County, NY. Son:
Gardner B. Ostrander - b. 18 Sep 1918.
4. Pauline Ostrander - b. Sep 1889
5. Leroy Ostrander - b. 9 Feb 1892, d. Jan 1978, m. 4 Mar 1915 at Grand Gorge, Town of Roxbury, Delaware County, NY, Eva Fowler (1891-1988). Children:
Donald Ostrander - b. 11 Aug 1916
Clarence - b. 2 Dec 1916, d. Apr 1980
Inez - b. 6 Jul 1922
Josephine - b. 13 Feb 1924
6. Earl Ostrander - b. 10 Feb 1895, d. 24 Nov 1973, buried Pleasant Valley Cemetery, Ashland, Greene County, NY with second wife.
m(1) 29 Oct 1916 at Phoenicia, Ulster County, NY, Ida M. Beggs (1892-1921), daughter of Frank E. Beggs and America O. Cross.
m(2) about Nov 1922, Mildred (Phelps) Perkins (1902-1981), daughter of John H. Phelps and Emma Grace Seeley. Mildred was previously married to Fenton W. Perkins. Son by second wife:
Earl Jr. who married Marion Doris McCoubrey. Have all their pertinent info.
7. Frank Ostrander - b. 30 Jul 1897, d. 17 Dec 1988, m. Natalie Baird (1895-1985). Children:
Frank Wadsworth Ostrander - b. 5 May 1918