|Posted By:||Claire Miller|
|Subject:||Pierre Normandin dit Drazy, QUE>VT/NY>IL|
|Post Date:||April 11, 2001 at 23:58:14|
|Forum:||Normandin Family Genealogy Forum|
Looking for any information on Pierre NORMANDIN dit DRAZY, born Jan 1828 in Quebec. He immigrated to the US circa 1840. He married 22 Jan 1850, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, Whitehall, Washington County, New York, Mathilda Louise LaPERLE, daughter of Louis LaPERLE and Harriet/Henriette HOLMES.
In the 1860 US Census, Pierre and Mathilda were in Kane County, Illinois; in the 1870 US Census, Kankakee County, Illinois; in the 1880 US Census, DeKalb County, Illinois, where they remained, until they died (after 1910 US Census) and were buried in Waterman Cemetery.
Children who lived to adulthood:
1. George Edward NORMANDIN, b 1850, Fair Haven, Rutland Co, VT, m(1) Hattie KIRK, m(2) Lillian Amelia POTTER
2. Juliza NORMANDIN, never married.
3. Levi Peter NORMANDIN, never married.
4. Emma Victoria NORMANDIN, b ca1858, d Kendall Co, IL, m Ellis W. MIGHELL.
5. Louis Napoleon NORMANDIN, b ca1861, no marriage information.
6. Samuel NORMANDIN, b ca1862, m Elizabeth BODE/BODA. Sheriff of Kendall Co, IL in 1910.
7. Eugenie C. NORMANDIN, b 1869, m Charles M. FULLER. Lived in IL.
8. John NORMANDIN, b ca1871, m Louise SCHLACHTER.
Siblings of Pierre NORMANDIN:
1. Charlotte NORMANDIN, no further information.
2. Rose NORMANDIN, b 1833, d KeKalb Co, IL, m Sol BEAUBIEN.
3. Margaret NORMANDIN, m --?-- MAYO.
4. Philoma NORMANDIN, d Aurora, Kane Co, IL, m Sam DeSALLE.
5. Napoleon NORMANDIN, m Polly NcNAULTY.
6. Emma NORMANDIN, m Peter DeGERALD, Sr.
7. Henry NORMANDIN, m 1877, IL, Rose BOYER.
In the early interment records of Sacred Heart Church, Aurora, Kane County, Illinois, there is a Pierre DRESY who died in 1879 at age 100, and a Clara NORMANDIN who died in 1892 at age 83. Could they be the parents of the Pierre/Peter NORMANDIN born in 1828?