|Posted By:||Liz Freeman|
|Subject:||CASNER FAMILY -LINCOLN CO. 1900s|
|Post Date:||January 28, 2001 at 05:31:06|
|Forum:||Lincoln County, NM Genealogy Forum|
Endeavoring to make contact with persons who may be researching or connected to the family of John Lewis CASNER that settled in Lincoln County in the early 1900s. John Lewis CASNER is supposed to have died in 1-1903 somewhere in Lincoln County. His wife, Rebecca Clementine 'Clemmie' Crabb Fields CASNER remarried in 1909 to George Sidwell. My understanding is the marriage did not last. She later moved to AZ where she died.
The children of John Lewis CASNER and Clemmie were:
(1) Johnny Casner - died in TX
(2) Frank Porter Casner - died in Belen, NM
(3) Jesse Lee Casner - died in Threau, NM
(4) Ep Proctor Casner - died in TX
(5) Mary Ivan Bell 'Fran' Casner married Bert Shipp (Knibbe)-died Capitan, NM in 1911.
(6) Claudie Mae Casner married Henry Calvin McFarland - died in AZ.
(7) Clyde Casner - died in TX
(8) Ora Dee Casner married Hiram 'Short' Dockray - died in Lincoln Co, 1927.
(9) Marcus Bryant Canser - died in AZ.
(10) Jefferson Sam Casner - died in AZ.
I have extensive information on the Casner family that I am willing to exchange. I am specifically searching for the burial place of John Lewis Casner, John Casner (father of John Lewis), and Mary Ivan Belle 'Fran' Casner Shipp. Fran is supposed to be buried in/around Capitan, NM.