|Posted By:||Alexander Roller|
|Subject:||Re: Burial Site for George Dallas Littrell|
|Post Date:||October 09, 2005 at 17:33:38|
|Forum:||Colfax County, NM Genealogy Forum|
My Littrell's were originally from Virginia. My 3rd great-grandfather, Jesse Littrell, came west and settled in Lauderdale County, Alabama. He had 12 children. My 2nd great-grandfather, John Littrell, married Maranda Sarah Howard in Alabama and settled in Carroll County, Arkansas. They had 11 children:
(1) Amanda Ellen - married Hiram Sanders Shahan. She died June 20, 1901 in Cedar Vale, Kansas.
(2) Elija Alexander - married 3 times. He died March 20, 1927 in Medford, Oregon.
(3) Elizabeth Jane - married James Jackson Tharp. She died September 16, 1936 in Oak Grove, Arkansas.
(4) Frances - married William Alvin Russell. She died in 1947 in Carroll County, Arkansas.
(5) George Dallas - married Clarissy Ann Hayhurst. He died July 21, 1927 in Colfax County, New Mexico.
(6) Harmon - MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER - married Fanny Angeline Smith. My grandmother, Edith Molly Littrell, was born in Berryville, Arkansas. Great-Grandpa Harmon is a mystery. I haven't found a record of his death, except some indicate he died in 1944. He may have left the family and went to seek his fortune or was a "playboy". I don't know, but am very interested in finding any information concerning him.
(7) Joseph - I do not have information concerning him.
(8) Lucy Jane - married Thomas Hamilton and Thomas Fanning. I do not have information concerning her death.
(9) Mary - I do not have information concerning her.
(10) Matilda - married Francis Marion Bobo. She died November 27, 1940 in Wainwright, Oklahoma.
(11) Stephen Marion - I have found information indicating he died April 5, 1910 in Raton, New Mexico. I don't know if this is valid. Maybe he is one of the Littrell's buried in Fairmont Cemetery. I am interested in finding if he did die in Raton and where he is buried.
Thanks and best regards,