|Posted By:||John V. Newlands|
|Subject:||Re: Family Ties|
|Post Date:||October 30, 2002 at 10:44:14|
|Forum:||Newlands Family Genealogy Forum|
Hi Linda -
I have several members of my 'Newlands family tree' that were from Galashiels, plus several that migrated to Edinburgh, and Andrew is a common name in my line. However, I do not have anything that shows your grandfather, Andrew Newlands b. 02 May. m. Jessie Murray.
Do you have and additional information such as great- grandparents, ect. ?
The largest group I have from Galashiels were descended from Charles Newlands b. abt 1835 d. 02 Mar 1903. He married Helen Renwick on 28 May 1858. She was born abt 1837 and died 11 Dec 1899.
They had 10 children:
1. Charles II b. 18 Sep 1859 d. 11 Sep 1922 m. Margaret Hunter b. 22 Oct 1859 d. 25 Mar 1934
2. Mary b. 12 Nov 1860 d. 11 Sep 1922, unwed
3. Thomas b. 10 Nov 1862 d. unknown m. Elizabeth Cornish
4. Andrew b. 29 Oct 1864 d. abt 1901 m. Jemina Potts
5. Elizabeth b. 09 Aug 1866 d. unknown m. James Fairbain
6. Jane Renwick b. 28 Aug 1868 d. unknown m. Robert Smith
7. Helen b. 15 Dec 1872 d. unknown m. Colin Bennett
8. David b. abt 1875 d. unknown m. Christina Darling
9. Agnes b. unknown D. unknown m. William Huck
10. John b. 18 Sep 1870 d. unknown
Please let me know if any of this is familar to you.
If you would a copy of the family tree that I have created and a copy of my "Newlands Descendants" report which now is about 35 pages long, please e-mail me, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your postal address and I will be happy to mail a copy to you.
Good luck with your search,