|Posted By:||Doug Rader|
|Subject:||Re: George and Wineford Forrest, Wayne and Pitt Cos., NC|
|Post Date:||October 07, 2009 at 19:49:48|
|Forum:||Pitt County, NC Genealogy Forum|
George Forrest did indeed come from Martin County, and then make an intermediate stop in Johnston COunty, NC, prior to moving to Wayne and then Pitt Counties, as follows:
A) Johnston County land records:
1)1791 deed from John Ballinger to George Forrest (of Martin County), 200 acres southside of the Neuse River on Miry Branch (Johnston Co. Deed Book S-1, pages 288-289).
2) 1794 deed from Drewry Bynum to George Forrest (of Johnston), 100 acres southside of the Neuse River (Beel's Creek, "Mirah" Branch, Little swamp, Little Spring Branch) (Johnston Co. Deed Book T-1, page 203-204).
3) 1794 deed from William Farmer to George Forrest (of Johnston), 56 acres northside of Neuse River (part of a 1741 James Farmer patent) (Johnston Co. Deed Book U-1, page 144-145).
4) 1795 deed from George Forrest (of Johnston) to Daniel Dees Sr., 20 acres from the James Farmer patent (Johnston Co. Deed Book U-1, page 152-153)
5) 1795 deed from Nathan Powell to George Forrest (of Johnston), 15 acres on the northside of the Neuse, on the river bank adjacent the above (Johnston Co. Deed Book V-1, page 125-126)
6)1792 lease between Samuel Harrell and George Forrest (of Johnston), 20 acres northside of the Neuse River (Johnston Co., Deed Book V-1, page 152.
7) 1797 deed from George Forrest (of Johnston) to Daniel Dees, 15 acres northside of Neuse (Johnston County Deed Book W-1, page 481).
8) 1797 deed from George Forrest (of Johnston) to Richard Braswell (of Wayne) on southside of the Neuse, 300 acres (Johnston Co. Deed Book X-1, pages 227-228).
9) 1799 land grant to George Forrest (on a transferred 1780 Needham Bryant entry), 100 acres (good plat dated 1795, Johnston File 3191).
10) 1799 land grant to George Forrest (1796 warrant and plat, Johnston File 3259).
The 1797 Wayne "George Farris" deed says "of Johnston" as well, proving George lived in Johnston County from 1791/92 to 1797, at least.