|Posted By:||Tina Beller|
|Subject:||DNA on ROGERS leads to OLD DOBBS/ Pitt Co. NC and Maj. Croom ?|
|Post Date:||June 21, 2008 at 12:18:34|
|Forum:||Pitt County, NC Genealogy Forum|
My 5th G. Grandfather JAMES ROGERS, Sr. was born between 1700-1720 in Unknown place and his first known court record is when he signed the 1774 Anson Co. NC Petition with his son JAMES ROGERS Jr, ( b. abt. 1746 NC ) and an UNKNOWN JOHN ROGERS. We have no further info on JOHN, but have a great deal on James Rogers, Jr. and his descendants. Most of the information is verified in Anson and Montgomery Co. NC of our ROGERS family groups until my branch ( William L. Rogers b. 1770 NC ) who is the son of JAMES ROGERS, Jr. moved from Montgomery Co. NC to CARROLL CO. TN after FEB. 1823 and arrived in Carroll Co. TN by Nov. 1823.
We have done the 67 DNA MARKER TEST by FAMILY TREE on our line of William L. Rogers, his father James Rogers, Jr. and his father JAMES ROGERS, Sr. Our exact matches are listed below and note that an EVERETT ROGERS is listed having been born in 1770 PITT CO. NC. Other ROGERS we matched are in different time periods and their ancestors are not known in the era of 1700's that we need to be able to tell how we all connect. I have an ANSON CO. NC DEED also that listed that JAMES ROGERS of ANSON CO. NC had sold his land along CAPE FEAR to a MAJOR CROOM of DOBBS Co. NC. This land was in DOBBS CO. NC per how I read the deed and let me know if anyone has any idea where this land may lie ( DOBBS CO. NC was split into several different counties, I believe and one may have been Pitt Co. NC as well as CRAVEN CO. NC if I'm not mistaken. )
First the land deed found in the ANSON CO. NC Deed book mentioning James Rogers selling land to MAJOR CROOM.
Anson Co NC Book 6, Page 12, James Rogers to Major Croom
(of Dobbs Co) Dated 22 January 1777 - Transaction: 40 pounds for 100 acres "on
the West side of the North east of Cape Fear beginning . . . in the <illegible>
swamp between Anthony Miller and [sic) a place called Clark's Folly." Deed
mentions Stephen's clearings. Land was granted to Job Hunter by patent date 28
Feb 1764. Witnesses: Robert Dickson and William Houston. "
Now for those ROGERS families who matched our DNA I will list all 5 ROGERS families beginning with the best matches first.
1. Our James Rogers Sr. line had a 79.1% in 12th GEN calculated in all GENERATIONS; and 89.9% in 16th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS, with a Distance of 1 out of 25 DNA MARKERS with the line of EVERETT ROGERS b. abt. 1770 PITT CO. NC.
2. Our James Rogers, Sr. line had a 79.1% match in 12th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS and 89.9% match in 16th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS with a DISTANCE of 1
out of 25 DNA MARKERS with the line of REUBEN WILSON ROGERS b. abt. 1813 TN md. ELIZABETH DRAKE in 1838 Madison Co. AR.
3. Our James Rogers, Sr. line had a 77.85% match in 12th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS and 89.03% match in 16th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS with a DISTANCE of 1 out
of 25 DNA MARKERS with the line of WILLIAM JACKSON ROGERS b. abt. 1822 in TN who lived in Missouri and Texas. Died in 1873 in Denton Co. TX. William Jackson Rogers Md. Mary Ann McCLAIN in about 1840.
4. Our James Rogers, Sr. line had a 77.6% match in 12th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS and 88.85% match calculated in all GENERATIONS with DIstance of 1 out of 25 DNA MARKERS with the line of JOHN ROGERS b. abt. 1617 England or Wales, who arrived on ship "George" in 1635 at James City Co. VA (Jamestown ) and was in HOUSE OF BURGESS and lived later on in Surry Co. VA. This JOHN ROGERS has been listed with wife named MARY ATKINS.
5. Our James Rogers, Sr. line had a 75.65% match in 12th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS and 87.44% match in 16th GENERATION calculated in all GENERATIONS with Distance of 1 out of 25 DNA MARKERS with the line of EDMUND or EDMOND ROGERS born abt. 1809 South Carolina.
Another ROGERS group who matched us but is not on FAMILY TREE is the line of JACOB C. RODGERS who lived in WEAKLEY CO. TN which I could not calculate due to their being on a different site.
If anyone knows more on the 1777 ANSON CO. NC Land Deed of JAMES ROGERS selling his land to MAJ. CROOM of DOBBS Co. NC ( land is probably in DOBBS CO. NC or was and is not part of another county created from DOBBS and etc. ), PLEASE POST !
Anyone having more information on the ROGERS of PITT CO. NC, or DOBBS CO. NC please also post.
Tina Rogers Beller