|Posted By:||Charlotte Boykin|
|Subject:||William Carver (1810-1854) m. Clary Hamlin - NC|
|Post Date:||July 11, 2008 at 08:02:39|
|Forum:||Person County, NC Genealogy Forum|
William Carver was born about 1810 in Person Co. N.C. He married Clary Hamlin on November 7, 1825 in Person Co. AL. They moved to Pickens Co. AL in the 1830's. They had the following children:
1) Joseph Mangrum Carver (1826-1860)born NC, d. Choctaw Co. MS. m. Jemima Gillon
2) Cornelia Frances (Mattie) Carver (1832-1891) born AL, died in Grenada Co. MS, m. William S. (Bill) Shewmake.
3) James G. Carver, b. about 1834, AL, died in the Civil War.
4) George W. Carver, born about 1837, Choctaw Co. MS, died in Civil War.
5) William Martin Carver born April 14, 1839 Choctaw Co. MS died December 11, 1911 in Montgomery Co. MS, m. Lucy Ann Calloway. (my line)
6) Laura Carver, b. about 1842, Choctaw Co. MS, in the 1860 census for Choctaw co. MS.
7) Marion Carver, born about 1844, Choctaw Co. MS, died in the Civil War.
Would like to correspond with any descendants of William Carver and Clary Hamlin. I will be glad to share any information that I have. Charlotte G. Boykin