|Posted By:||Gordon Basnight|
|Subject:||Re: Simmons/East Lake/Buffalo City|
|Post Date:||February 25, 2004 at 14:07:49|
|Forum:||Dare County, NC Genealogy Forum|
Zelda Parisher Pledger, the granddaughter of Clara Spencer, lives in Columbia, Tyrrell County, NC and is active in the Genealogy Society. She might be able to provide you with additional information about your ancestors. Below is a little information about Maude.
Descendants of Hermosa "Maude" B. Newberry
Generation No. 1
1. HERMOSA B.4 NEWBERRY (JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN STEPHEN1) was born October 18591,2, and died 19043. She married (1) CARNEY W. SPENCER January 12, 1882 in Lees Mill Township, Washington County, North Carolina4. He was born January 10, 18585,6, and died October 06, 18827. She married (2) GEORGE HENRY SIMMONS Abt. 18838, son of FRANKLIN SIMMONS and MELISSA ???. He was born June 18628, and died 19399.
Child of HERMOSA NEWBERRY and CARNEY SPENCER is:
2. i. CLARA W.5 SPENCER, b. October 25, 1882; d. January 07, 1963.
Children of HERMOSA NEWBERRY and GEORGE SIMMONS are:
ii. BELCHER5 SIMMONS, b. September 188310.
iii. NANCY JANE SIMMONS, b. May 188610; m. ALEXANDER F. JONES, June 08, 1902, Gum Neck, Tyrrell County, North Carolina11; b. Abt. 186212.
iv. FRANKLIN SIMMONS, b. September 189213.
v. DUARD D. SIMMONS, b. August 189413.
Generation No. 2
2. CLARA W.5 SPENCER (HERMOSA B.4 NEWBERRY, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN STEPHEN1) was born October 25, 188214, and died January 07, 196314. She married (1) JAMES A. LIVERMAN June 08, 1901 in Columbia, Tyrrell County, North Carolina15, son of HEZEKIAH LIVERMAN and NANCY SWINDELL. He was born February 10, 186216, and died April 15, 190617. She married (2) CLAUDE LESTER PARISHER September 01, 1907 in Gum Neck, Tyrrell County, North Carolina, son of JAMES PARISHER and MARY JONES. He was born December 18, 1884 in Tyrrell County, North Carolina18, and died March 19, 1969 in Tyrrell County, North Carolina19.
Children of CLARA SPENCER and JAMES LIVERMAN are:
i. BENJAMIN JAMES6 LIVERMAN, b. January 07, 1904, Tyrrell County, North Carolina; d. October 24, 1962, Tyrrell County, North Carolina; m. FLORENCE COHOON.
ii. BLANCH MAE LIVERMAN, m. A. B. SPRUILL.
iii. GIBBS LIVERMAN.
Children of CLARA SPENCER and CLAUDE PARISHER are:
3. iv. WILLIAM HENRY6 PARISHER, b. October 05, 1909; d. May 06, 1949.
v. JAMES CARNIA PARISHER.
vi. EVORA PARISHER, m. RODNEY SWAIN BATEMAN; b. Aft. 1906.
vii. REVA PARISHER, m. JOSEPH SWAIN.
viii. MINNIE PARISHER, m. CARLTON EVERTON.
Generation No. 3
3. WILLIAM HENRY6 PARISHER (CLARA W.5 SPENCER, HERMOSA B.4 NEWBERRY, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN STEPHEN1) was born October 05, 190920, and died May 06, 194921. He married LILLIAN SAWYER, daughter of CHARLES SAWYER and MELISSA JONES. She was born 191022, and died 197822.
Children of WILLIAM PARISHER and LILLIAN SAWYER are:
i. WILLIAM LAWRENCE7 PARISHER, b. February 28, 1934, Tyrrell County, North Carolina; d. January 04, 1967, Tyrrell County, North Carolina; m. ANNETTE BRICKHOUSE.
ii. ZELDA PARISHER, m. LLOYD WEBSTER PLEDGER.
1. 1900 Tyrrell County, NC Census.
2. "Newberry Genealogy"Chapter 40: John Newberry IIpage 227, 54-6
3. Camille B. Everton, Tyrrell Cemeteries.
4. Washington County Marriage Records.
5. 1860 Washington County, NC Census.
6. Washington County Cemeteries.Volume II (Lees Mill Township)By: Veronica Jones Haskett
7. Washington County Cemeteries.Volume II (Lees Mill Township)By: Veronica Jones Haskett
8. 1900 Tyrrell County, NC Census.
9. Tyrrell County, NC Death Index.
10. 1900 Tyrrell County, NC Census.
11. Tyrrell County, NC Marriage License.
12. 1880 Tyrrell County, NC Census.
13. 1900 Tyrrell County, NC Census.
14. Tyrrell County, NC ObituariesVolume 1January 23, 1959 - October 17, 1964Compiled by: Tyrrell County Genealogical Society
15. Tyrrell County, NC Marriage Licenses.
16. 1900 Tyrrell County, NC Census.
17. Camille B. Everton, Tyrrell Cemeteries.
18. 1900 Tyrrell County, NC Census.
19. Tyrrell County, NC Death Index.
20. Camille B. Everton, Tyrrell Cemeteries.
21. Tyrrell County, N. C. Death Records.
22. Camille B. Everton, Tyrrell Cemeteries.