|Posted By:||Kathy Longhurst|
|Subject:||Re: Stewarts from Edgefield Dist., SC|
|Post Date:||February 04, 2012 at 15:53:36|
|Forum:||Amite County, MS Genealogy Forum|
Update on my info - my stewart in particular Robert and John were NOT the ones in Amite Co MS - I found the Amite Co MS Stewart in a website about the descendants of Robert the Bruce and they are listed. so my family . . .
John Stewart born abt 1735-55 wife unknown
Had at least 3 children
1. Francis Stewart died abt 1845 prob Laurens (my line) who married Sarah Lipp
2. Nancy Stewart b abt 1771-81 who married David Stoddard - they say her tombstone says born in Ireland - they called her a little black irish woman
3. Nelly Stewart b abt 1774-84 (Eleanor) married Gideon Thomason
Francis Stewart and Sarah Lipp had the following children . . .
1. Mary - not sure if she ever married
2. William Stewart b. abt 1785 (my line) married Nancy Burt about 1809 in old 96 SC - raised kids in Abbeyville and Edgefield before going to Monroe Co. MS in about 1820-30
3. Robert (not the Robert from Amite county like I was told) - have no idea where he went or who he married
4. John Allen Stewart born about 1790 - think he married an Aiken - had a son, Thomas A. Stewart
EVERY stewart family I have researched has not been my line - I did have someone once send me something saying they had a record of Francis Stewart and nancy and Nelly being in Fort jackson VA - or being born there and even a record of Nancy and David Stoddard in Fort jackson VA but he never would give me the source. Does any of this sound familiar?
In their wills their friends were VANCE, LITTLE, MCKELVY AND DALRYMPLE in SC