|Posted By:||Shelley Hallman|
|Subject:||Lets start a MYSTERY JOHN MOORE Club!|
|Post Date:||April 24, 2012 at 01:39:41|
|Forum:||Moore Family Genealogy Forum|
DO you think they'd let us have a message board just for John Moore? We could call it "THE WRONG JOHNS"! Seriously it would be great.
I have come to the conclusion that there really IS NO SUCH PERSON as John Moore and never has been. I was born a Moore and so I know first hand the weird sense of humor that permeates the family. My family ,several online cousins and myself, have been searching for the parents of John Moore for over 30 years. Assuming this particular John Moore AKA Mystery John did exist this is what we know for sure:
* Ohio Marriages Recorded in County Courts from 1 Jan 1821 –31 Dec 1830. P. 1213 John Moore to SUSAN LOWERY , O4 Jan 1827 Muskingum Co, OOA 141
* We know this is valid as John, Susan and all 7 children are in Federal Census in FALLS township, Muskingum CO Ohio from 1830 through 1850.
* Children were all born in Muskingum Co, Ohio
I.ABRAHAM Moore b.1828 M 3/28/1854 to Susan Mobry
II. SARAH ANN Moore b.1830 M John Carmichael
III. MARY Moore b.1833
IV. MARGARET E. Moore b.1/1835
V. WILLIAM HENRY b.1837 M 8/26/1858 Elizabeth Clayton
Died 1896 in Popular Bluff MO.
VI. JOHN HEISTEN b.2/1/1842 M 5/25/1863 Lucy Ellen Clayton.
Died 2/8/1912 (Lucy,sister to Elizabeth)
VII.CYNTHIA Moore b.1847
John was born ca 1796 in Sudsbury, Chester Co, PA. I recently learned that Sudsbury was in both Chester and Lancaster Counties and Moores owned property on both sides of the county line.
Judging strictly by the physical appearences of my father and Uncles I bet that my line of Moore was of Irish, Scotch Irish or English descendant. My brother is doing a DNA test so we should know a bit more soon.
I had heard thru family history that there had been ministers in the family. ( MOORE name frequently appears in FRIENDS meeting records in east Pennsylvania)
John Moore appears on BLM records in Muskingum Ohio in 1825.
(ALSO On BLM records for same area William, Joseph)
I am working on a spread sheet to keep all the "wrong Johns" sorted out. Maybe then I can stop wasting time searching for the same family over and over....maybe that's why they call it "RE-SEARCH"
OH I just found an old post that said John might not even be his first name...it could be his middle name or just the name he used! AGGGGG!
(A few of the Grandchildren of John and Susan)
Children of William Henry Moore & Elizabeth Clayton
1. SANFORD Moore b. July 29,1859 d. Popular Bluff MO
2. CARSON d. Pulaski, Indiana
3. HARRY b. 9/4/1864 in Indaina d. 1934 Calif
4. HARVEY b. IN. 11/11/1867 D. 1925 LA, Calif
5. ANJALINE b. 11/1 1/1868.M 1890 Tom Williams
D 2/2/1944 in Coquille OR.
6. WILLIAM HENRY JR. b. 1871 IN.
7. JANE (JENNIE) b. 8/12/1873 M. F.H. Funke
8. CHARLES WESLEY b. 11/25/1875 IN.D. 1952 m. Dona Tinker
9. ALICE b. 9/1878 IN. m Carl Payne died 1/19/1912
Great grandchildren of John & Susan by Harry Moore,
I. Benjamin Franklin Moore b.10/16/1889 m Myrtle Holmes
II. Walter Alexander Moore b. 10/12/1891
III. Courtney Moore b. 10/27/1893 died ABT. 1940
IV. Beluah Moore b. 2/8/1899 married Jack Ley
V. Audie Moore b. 12/2/1900 married Roy Starkey
VI. Albert Moore b. 1908 died 1920 in MO.
Children of Harry and Nora Florance Casey
I. Bernie Lloyd Moore b. Bernie MO. 2/26/1909
II. Marvin Moore b.10/23/1912 in MO. D 11/1/1976 .
III. Harry Moore, Jr. b. 8/14/1915 MO. D. 12/1984
IV. Edward Russel Moore b.9/11/1918 D. 1/3/1984 Or
John may have been married to Jane Nelson prior to his marriage to Susan Lowery.