|Posted By:||celeste mckelvey|
|Subject:||William Hammer & Elizabeth Neal; Jacob Hammer and Mary (Onstott)|
|Post Date:||November 25, 2012 at 09:46:03|
|Forum:||Missouri Genealogy Forum|
I am looking for the family of Elizabeth Neal. Another researcher states that her parents were Charles Neal b: 12 Feb 1790 in of , Orange co, Virginia and her mother's name was Elizabeth. I am looking for documentationt to prove this and if anyone knows who her siblings are.
My great grandmother was Elizabeth Neal was born 6 Sep 1820 in , , Tennessee, d 24 Nov 1880 in Missouri and is buried there. I have not been able to locate the grave. She married William Hammer 20 AUG 1837 , Pike, Missouri. William Hammer b 6 Sep 1820 in , , Indiana; d 6 Apr 1862 in Murfreesboro, Rutherford, Tennessee; died in the civil war. The 1850 census has his wrong birth year. He is the son of Jacob Hammer and Mary (Onstott).
They had 11 children:
1. Robert C. Hammer b 9 Sep 1838 in , Jasper, Missouri; died in the civil war.
2. Charles J. Hammer b 7 Nov 1840 in , Jasper, Missouri; died in the civil war.
3. William Greenville Hammer b 15 Jan 1841 in , Jasper, Missouri; died in the civil war.
4. Sally Ann Hammer b 19 Sep 1845 in , Jasper, Missouri
6. Sarah A Hammer b 1846 in , Jasper, Missouri
7. Nancy Tennessee Hammer b 6 Feb 1848 in , Jasper, Missouri
8. J. A. Hammer b ABT 1853 in , Jasper, Missouri
9. Martha Hammer b 25 Dec 1854 in , Jasper, Missouri
10. Pertheny Hammer b 25 Dec 1854 in , Jasper, Missouri
11. Elveridia Jane Hammer b 18 Aug 1859 in Carthage, Jasper, Missouri; d 12 Sep 1948 in Verona, Lawrence, Missouri; Burial: 14 Sep 1948 Spring Ava Cemetery, Verona, Lawrence, Missouri; married Jacob Dipple Mckelvey 12 May 1881 in , Carthage, Missouri. Jacob Mckelvey b. 18 Aug 1859 in Carthage, Jasper, Missouri, d 12 Sep 1948 in Verona, Lawrence, Missouri, Burial: 14 Sep 1948 Spring Ava Cemetery, Verona, Lawrence, Missouri. Son of Andrew Mckelvey and Allie (Frame)
Source of information from Mckelvey bible records.
Does any one know anything else about this family or the next generation back? Elizabeth was an herbalist and invented a cancer cure. All of her sons and husband died in the civil war. She never remarried. They had one slave young girl that was given as a marriage gift that continued to live with the family after the civil war. I am trying to find out the names of the slave that lived with the family. The entire census doesn’t list the race. Any information would be appreciated.