|Posted By:||sally rowe|
|Subject:||Re: Hayden, Stella 1887, daughter of WB Hayden, married who???|
|Post Date:||March 22, 2009 at 13:56:30|
|Forum:||Cass County, MI Genealogy Forum|
Well, you can try a couple of things, but, any of them may cost you money.
1. If you know the death dates of william HAYDEN or Tillie, get the obit (if there was one) of whoever died more recently, and see if they list daughter Stella by married last name. Most(but not all---woe to the person who needs something from Detroit!) libraries charge a very small fee, if you provide the date of death. the con side to that, is you are paying for the search, not the result of the search, so you would be out $$ whether they find something or not.
2. Order Wayne and Stella's marriage certificate.....but if you can't narrow down the date of marriage, they may not be able to do it, or it will cost you more $$ than it otherwise would. But, it would definitly have her maiden or previous name on it.
3. Get death cert. for the Stella who died in 1973. Again, will cost you money.
4. Call the McLauchlin-Clark funeral home, if it still exists, and see what they can tell you.They have to have vital info. Last I knew, funeral homes were not bound by Hippa laws. Very often, if they are not busy, gives them something to do...maybe you will be lucky and Wayne Clark is related to the guy who owned the funeral home! SOme, however, don't keep detailed records, but this is probably your cheapest option.
3. I don't know if the cemetery they are in has an actual functional office, but you could try calling them and seeing if they have her maiden name on file. Buried at Riverside.
FYI- Carl H. CLINK age 30, died September 16, 1918. Buried at Prospect Hill in Cassopolis.
Let me know what you find out! can't stand not knowing the end of the story.!