|Subject:||Re: Roger&Horace Lyman b. 1781&1806 Vermont|
|Post Date:||November 30, 1998 at 17:34:42|
|Forum:||Lyman Family Genealogy Forum|
My ggg grandfather was Roger Lyman!
The Lyman Family
1. Thomas Lyman, of Navistoke, England, married 1488, Elizabeth Lambert, daughter of Henry Lambert, Esq. of High Ongar, Essex, England. The estate came into the Lyman family. Thomas died in 1509.
2. Henry Lyman, of Navistoke and High Ongar, married Alice Hyde, daughter of Samuel Hyde, of Wethersfield, Essex. He resided in Navistoke in 1487, and was still living in 1517.
3. John Lyman, eldest son, possessed the Navistoke and High Onger satates in 1546. He married Margaret Gerard, daughter and heiress of William Gerard of Beauchamp, Essex. He died in 1587.
4. Henry Lyman, married 1st Elizabeth ......, who died 15 April 1587. He married 2nd Phillis Stone/Stane, daughter of Richard, of High Onger. Henry died in 1609.
5. Richard Lyman I, baptized 30 Oct 1580, at High Onger, Essex and died in Hartford, Conn. in 1640. He married Sarah Osborne, daughter of Roger Osborne of Halstead, County Kent, England. In 1629, Richard sold all his lands in Norton-Mandeville, parish of Onger. In August of 1631, he embarked with his wife and five children, in the ship "Lion", and sailed for New England. They settled first in Charlestown, Mass. In Oct of 1635, he and his family, along with 100 others, became the first settlers of Hartford, Conn.
6. Richard Lyman II, baptized 24 Feb 1617, at High Onger, and died 3 June 1662 in Windsor, Conn. He married Hepzibah Ford, daughter of Thomas Ford and Elizabeth Chard Cook in 1640/1641. She was baptized 15 May 1626, in Dorchester, Dorset, England and died 11 April 1683 in Northampton, Mass.
7. Richard Lyman III, born Windsor, Conn in 1647 and died Columbia, Conn. 4 Nov 1708. He married Elizabeth Coles/Cowles of Hatfield, Mass. on 26 May 1675/1676 in Farmington, Conn. She was born in 1651, the daughter of John and Hannah Coles.
8. Isaac Lyman, born 20 Feb 1682. He married four times. 1st to Abigail Pomeroy, who died 3 June 1709. 2nd to Rebecca Ordway. 3rd to Thankful (Winchell) Smith, who died 26 or 30 April 1728. 4th to Sarah French on 4 August 1745.
9. Caleb Lyman, born Suffield, Conn. 17 April 1728 and died in 1774, He was the son of Isaac and Thankful. He married 2 June 1756 Mary Betts, born in 1727 and died 1820 in Vermont at the age of 93.
10. Roger Lyman, born Lebanon, Conn. 7 March 1773. I have not found a record of his marriage. He moved to Norwich, Vermont where he died in 1846 or 1847.
11. Horace Lyman, born in 1806, left Vermont to live in Waltham, Maine. He married Waltham, Me. 11 Dec 1834 Polly/Mary Jellison, born Waltham, Me. 27 Sept 1810, and died 6 Sept 1855. She was the daughter of Benjamin Jellison and Betsey Trueworthy/Treworgy.
12. Joseph Morrisom Lyman, born Waltham 22 March and died Ellsworth, Me. 9 August 1923. He married 23 July 1857 Mehitable Young Salisbury, born 27 August 1840 and died 24 Feb 1915.
13. Alice Mae Lyman, born Dedham, Me. 27 Feb 1882 and died Branford, Conn. 9 August 1958. She married Brewer, Maine 14 Dec 1904 Wesley Chester Seavey, born Bucksport, Me. 1881 and died Bangor, Me. 25 Jan 1955.