|Posted By:||John Field Pankow|
|Subject:||Mary Field (c.1760-1846) & Pierce Noland (c.1756-1816) & family, NC, GA, MS & LA|
|Post Date:||July 07, 2006 at 04:51:47|
|Forum:||East Feliciana Parish, LA Genealogy Forum|
I am interested in learning more about my fifth great aunt, Mary Field (c.1760-1846), who married Pierce Noland (c.1756-1816) in NC circa 1776, and their descendants. They moved first to Georgia (I don't know when or where) and wound up in Fort Adams, Wilkinson County, Mississippi. Some of their children lived in East Feliciana Parish, La. I have six children listed for them:
1. William F. (Field?) Noland (c.1780-1823) died at Woodville, Mississippi.
2. Jeremiah Noland (c.1781-1835) m. Jane Ogden in 1811, no children, died at New Orleans, La.
3. Philip Noland (c.1783-1836) married Mary Mayes in 1809, three children. I have a transcript of his will, died at Fort Adams, Wilkinson Co., Mississippi.
4. Pierce A. Noland (c. 1785-1842) married Nancy Palmer in 1809, lived at "Homestead," East Feliciana Parish, La., 9 children.
5. Sarah Ann Noland (c.1792-1829) married Dr. Adam Palmer, lived at East Feliciana Parish, La., 5 children.
6. Lydia Ellen Noland (c.1796-1865) m. William Tigner in 1820, 6 children, died at Vicksburg, Mississippi.
Mary Field (c.1760-1846) was the first of eight children born to William Field, Jr. (b. before 1727, probably in Pa., d. 1805, Randolph County, NC) and his wife, Lydia (probably Lydia Elswick, b. 1743, Augusta Co., Va., d. circa 1829, Randolph Co., NC), who were my 5th great grandparents. I descend from their son, Jeremiah Field (c.1764-1830) who married Eleanor Sherwood (1776-1859) and remained in North Carolina.
I'd be pleased to correspond with anyone who is interested in any of these folks, and would be most grateful for any information anyone could give me.
John Field Pankow