|Posted By:||Charles Brashear|
|Subject:||Beshears Families of Hopkins/Christian Co, KY|
|Post Date:||March 27, 2006 at 10:11:46|
|Forum:||Christian County, KY Genealogy Forum|
Getting ready to prepare and update the chapter on Jeremiah Brashears, of Spartanburg Co, SC, who moved north to TN and KY about 1800 and whose surname permuted to Beshears. He was married to an Elizabeth ________. I have a rather tenuous family sheet on them. I would like to have more. And more-accurate information.
Isaac Brashears/Beshears, Jeremiah's son, got a land grant in Christian Co, KY, and his extended family formed a dynasty of sorts in Christian and Hopkins Co, where some descendants still live. Isaac seems to have married three times, but we have only one marriage record in KY vital statistics.
Isaac's children included:
1. *Sciotha Beshear, b. SC, 12 Aug 1792; m. Martilla _____,
2. *Elizabeth Beshear, b. SC, c1796; m. Daniel Menser,
3. *Larkin Beshear, b. c1800; m. Agnes (Sims) Alexander,
4. *Thomas Beshear, b. c1810; m. Sally Killebrue,
5. *Isaac C. Beshear Jr, b. c1812; m. Mildred Alexander,
6. *Wilson Beshear, b. c1825; m.1. Susan Moore, m.2. Patsy Ford,
7. *Henry Beshear, b. c1826; Dorcus "Dorky" Parker,
8. *Benjamin Beshear, b. c1828; m. Julia A. Cook,
9. *Vincent Beshear, b. c1827; m. Eliza Jane Capp,
10. Harriet Beshear, b. c1828; unm. in 1850
11. Matilda Beshear, b. c1830; m. John Brown
I have about 25 pages of information on this family, but additional data and documents on these people and their descendants would be most welcome. Does anyone have any photos of these old folks?
Jeremiah and Isaac are to have chapters in vol 7 of A BRASHEAR(S) FAMILY HISTORY, which I am now trying to whip into shape.
Cheers, and thanks,
(new address) Charles Brashear
2380 NW Estaview Circle
Corvallis, OR 97330-1066