|Posted By:||Jerry Moore|
|Subject:||Re: Speers Hospital|
|Post Date:||September 29, 2004 at 14:39:16|
|Forum:||Campbell County, KY Genealogy Forum|
It was originally the home of Charles & Elizabeth Speers in the city of Dayton. Charles passed away before his wife and when his wife passed in 1894 she left a sizeable portion of her estate for the establishment of a hospital which was completed in 1897. It served as the only hospital in Campbell County until St Luke Hospital was opened nearly 57 years later. It finally closed it's doors in August of 1973. It was torn down and a senior citizens housing project is in it's place.