|Posted By:||Tim Olsen|
|Subject:||Siers/Cottrell/Stratton/Austin/Brown in Lawerenceburg|
|Post Date:||April 22, 2008 at 19:16:58|
|Forum:||Anderson County, KY Genealogy Forum|
I'm searching for ancestors or descendants of Ida Siers, aka Ida Brown, aka Ida Austin.
Ida Siers is the daughter of John W Siers & Maranda Butner B. Apr 1872 in Anderson County, Kentucky
She died Abt. 1974 in Anderson County, Kentucky.
Ida was married and divorced from an unknown Brown; The divorce likely occured around 1901.
Ida and the unknown Brown had a daughter Nellie Brown. I am particularly interested in learning the identity of the unknown Brown.
Ida Brown (Siers) m. Ben Austin. Ida Austin and Ben Austin had 2 Children.
* Margaritte Austin b. 06 Apr 1917 in Anderson, Kentucky
* Ben Austin. b. 08 Jan 1916 in Anderson, Kentucky
Ida had several siblings.
* Myrtle Siers b. Abt. 1886 in Kentucky. She died Unknown. To my knowledge, Myrtle never married.
* Charles Siers b. 21 Jan 1888 in Anderson County, Kentucky d. 20 Nov 1933 in Jefferson, Kentucky
* Ethel Stratton b. abt 1895 in Kentucky m, Abraham Lincoln
* Sadie Mae Cottrell b. Abt. 1899 in Kentucky d. 08 Aug 1997 in Frankfort Kentucky.
* Albert Siers b. Abt. 1901 in Kentucky
* Ezra J Siers b. 17 Oct 1905 d. Nov 1983 in Louisville, Jefferson, Kentucky.
I suspect John Siers and Maranda ran the jail house in Lawrenceburg; Census records indicate that they lived on "Court Street" and there are several non-family members listed at the same address, with occupation "prisoner".
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,