|Posted By:||Aaron Wilson|
|Subject:||Things to do before Veteran's Day...|
|Post Date:||October 31, 2009 at 21:16:54|
|Forum:||Korean War Forum|
Things to do before Veteran's Day...
1. Make a list of the locations of all Veteran's and Military memorials in your city. Fax or email that list to your local newspaper's military or veteran affairs staff writer.
2. Make time to visit each Memorial in your city prior to Veteran's Day to ensure it is being properly maintained. Poor maintenance should be reported to the Memorial custodian and to your local newspaper's military or veteran affairs staff writer.
3. Contact your district's city council person and your representative in the House (www.house.gov) to ensure they are maintaining a list of credible military and veteran constituents who can provide non-partisan and non-discriminatory military or veteran consulting assistance for advise or bill support and passage when needed. Ensure your name, phone number and email address is on your Representative's contact list.
4. Instruct every member of your veteran's organization to wear a service or war ribbon on Veteran's Day because the only war or veteran forgotten is the one they stop reminding the public about.
5. If you manage a military or veteran website, ensure your website is listed in the Worldwide Military Resource Guide that is applicable to your website: http://www.amervets.com/warlib6/warlib6.htm
6. If you manage a Veteran's Day website, ensure your website is listed in the Veteran's Day Master Resource Guide: http://www.amervets.com/warlib6/warlib69.htm
7. Form a non-partisan and non-prejudicial Veteran's Committee in your city that will ensure proper maintenance of memorials, publication of veteran and military obituaries, official destruction of all retired American flags, and an Honor Guard service is provided at every Honorably Discharged veteran's funeral. Include other services you feel are important.
Send a copy of this email to another veteran...
Contact Person for this posting: Roger Simpson, PIO
Public Information Office: http://www.13105320634.com
The American War Library: http://www.amervets.com/
16907 Brighton Avenue
Gardena CA 90247-5420
Phone / Fax: 1-310-532-0634