Posted By:Loyda Ramirez
Subject:Re: How to replace lost metals?
Post Date:March 07, 2002 at 18:20:33
Message URL:
Forum:Korean War Forum
Forum URL:

Ms. Edwards: I had the same problem. You can write to the National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63132-5100
Provide all the information you can from your relative's 214 form; Serial number , Social Security number, etc. They will look up everything and send you a letter with the information you require. But for the medals it is different.
The Personnel office will forward all the information you provide to the Department of the Army or the branch that your relative belonged to and they will procede to issue the medals. You have to be very patient because this takes some time to process. They have a big backlog.You can either write or log on to the armed forces web page. I don'thave that address right now, sorry. Hope this information will help. Good luck!! Loyda