Posted By:Bob C.
Subject:Re: What to do if.....
Post Date:November 24, 2002 at 17:59:52
Message URL:
Forum:Korean War Forum
Forum URL:

I think they could still get the medals. They say the army records were destroyed in a fire in 1973 at St. Louis. I have heard that only 80% were destroyed. Also have heard there is called a Reconstuctive Unit that can piece together the records. Anyhow you need a Standard Form 180 to fill out and send to St Louis. You can get that from type in SF180. Or if you know a military retiree that has access to a Base Exchange he could duplicate what you have there at a reasonable price. I had a Purple Heart replaced for my brother with no trouble. The only thing different was his name was not engraved on the back.

Good Luck
Bob C.