|Posted By:||Fran Malone|
|Subject:||William and Elizabeth (Connor) Malone - Rahinnane, Ventry|
|Post Date:||January 31, 2012 at 13:00:57|
|Forum:||Kerry, Ireland Genealogy Forum|
William Malone (my Great Great Grandfather) the son of William and Ellen (Sears) Malone was born March 27, 1827 in Ventry, County Kerry. William died on July 6, 1880 in Ballybeg.
Elizabeth Connor (my Great Great Grandmother) the daughter of James and Elizabeth (McDonnell) Connor was born March 25, 1828 in Leateevmiddle, Kilmalkedar, County Kerry and moved with her family to Ballybeg where they resided on the road to Ballyferriter. The area is known as Maum na Gaoithe "the Windy Pass". Elizabeth died on Oct. 21, 1890 in Ballybeg.
William Malone and Elizabeth Connor married in Ventry/Ballybeg on Feb. 6, 1850 and then resided in Caherboshina, Kildrum for a few years moving back to Rahinnane about 1855. William and Elizabeth had five known children that are identified as.
1. William Malone born late 1850 in Caherboshina, came to Springfield, Massachusetts about 1873, married Catherine Boland from Kilvickadownig, and they had five known children named William, Mary, John, Katherine, and Elizabeth. William in the early 1900's sponsored the children of his brother Thomas to the Springfield, Massachusetts area.
2. John Malone born 1853 in Caherboshina, came to Chicopee, Massachusetts in 1882, married Mary Devine Caheroonaphoka, County Kerry about 1895, and they had one daughter named Mary.
3. Mary Malone born 1857 is the only daughter identified in the County Kerry Records. Her status remains unknown at this time.
4. Patrick W. Malone born March 17, 1859 (my Great Grandfather) immigrated in 1880 to Chicopee, Massachusetts and married Ellen Kennedy who was from Dingle. They had five children named Thomas (my Grandfather), Maryann, Elizabeth, Ambrose, and William.
5. Thomas Malone born 1860 remained at Rahinnane and married Ellen Grummell. They had 10 children named William, Thomas, Patrick, Mary, Michael, John, Maurice, James, Margaret, and Katherine. Maurice died at a young age and James remained at Rahinnane to take over the farm and land from his father. All the other children immigrated to Massachusetts. James died at Rahinnane in 1980.
If anyone has a connection to any of the above names contact me by replying here or email me at email@example.com to discuss more info.