Posted By:Jeffrey Lehmann
Subject:Re: van son, KNIL Burma
Post Date:March 21, 2008 at 11:46:13
Message URL:
Forum:Indonesia Genealogy Forum
Forum URL:

Hello Irene,

The National archive in The Hague told me that all the information according to the p.o.w's personal files and their camps at Siam, (now called Thailand) are kept in a archive in England, (dont know where).

If you want to have a Militairy service record from a Family member, then you can try to take a look at the National Archive at The Hague or you can write to the S.A.I.P.

The S.A.I.P is the Indonesian fund of Pension. They have also a complete service record from the person. Its almost simualar to the record at Den Hague.

The address of the S.A.I.P is:

Oude Lindestraat 70
6411 EJ
The Netherlands
Tel office: 0031-45-5793058
Tel Archive Dep. directly.: 0031-45-5793053.

If you write a letter to the S.A.I.P at Heerlen for such an request, (wich is the most easiest way) you have to incl. a copy of your passport and if possible Birth and Death info from your Family members. Copy's of obituary's is better.