|Posted By:||Sharon Pearce|
|Subject:||Re: Pearce-Owen Cemetery, Orange Twp.|
|Post Date:||February 08, 2009 at 23:01:30|
|Forum:||Rush County, IN Genealogy Forum|
The line is:
1. William or Ellis or Jonathan Pearce and ?, an unidentified but probably John Pearce family of Wales (arriving about 1660; need DNA proof, settling first in RI, then moved to LI, then CT, NY and NJ as they branched out by 1760s.
2. William Willis Pearce, Sr. b. ca. 1766 and Mary Shepard
3. Colville a/k/a Calvin Pearce (25 July 1798 - 8 June 1859, Flat Rock, Shelby Co. IN (no death record found, nor has he been found on Mortality list for Shelby or Decatur Cos., IN. Information is from estate records.)
4. Willis M. (Marion/Milo) Pearce (31 Mar. 1824/25 - 24 Dec. 1894). M. 1847 Elizabeth Leffler (1 Sept. 1825 or 23 Sept. 1826 - d. 12 May 1910. (Note: I have not seen her obituary, but would think it would provide interesting information.)
5. Colville (aka C. A./Colvin/Calvin [Note: I do not have "E" as middle initial.] m. Mary S. Martin (1 June 1851 - 17 Sept. 1934), buried St. Paul Cemetery, St. Paul, IN under name of his father, beside his wife, Mary Martin. [This was a shortlived phenomenon at that time for persons to use their father's name on their gravestone, but with their own dates. Preserving the father's name for fear pioneer names would be lost.)
6. Roy E. (1874 - ) m. 1898 Eva M. Lowe; Roy buried Forest HIll Cem., Shelby Co., IN.
Ralph W. (1876 - 1947) m. 2 March 1902 Carrie Halloran; Ralph buried Forest Hill Cem., Shelby Co., IN. Their children: Milo (aka Miles) B. (1903 - 1984), RR1, Waldron, IN, m. 24 Dec. 1928, Mabel Rutherford; his son, David Pearce, resided Waldron, IN. Also Clara m. Merritt C. Thornburg, Greensburg, IN. Evidently there was a third child but I have no information.
Ora C. (1891 - 1953/55) m. Jennie ________________ (1890 - 1974); seems to have been buried at St. Paul Cem., St. Paul, IN. Owned and edited a newspaper in St. Paul, I think. Also worked as a housepainter and various other jobs. Children: Avalyn (1918 - ) m. ______________; Jeannine; and Mabel L. (1909 - ) m. 24 Dec. 1928.
Nellie L. (likely born about 1878 - have no b. or d. info)
m. 1. 17/27 Nov. 1898, Harry Kelso; and 2. 10 Dec. 1905, Walter Hungerford - no issue.
Fannie m. 10 Aug. 1902, Olin Peck.
A male who died in infancy.
Colville and Mary S. Martin Pearce also had a daughter, Mary S. Parce (abt 1851 - after 1870).
I would appreciate any fill in information you may come across on this line.