|Posted By:||Don Mapes|
|Subject:||Re: Cottage School 1908 - Hancock Co IL?|
|Post Date:||July 31, 1999 at 05:32:21|
|Forum:||Hancock County, IL Genealogy Forum|
Refer to p212, History of Hancock County, IL, Sesquicentennial Edition (1818-1968). Apparently it was in a large east room upstairs in the Cottage Hotel-which existed until 1913 when it burned. The hotel was located on Main Street on the site of the present post office. Was built in 1852 by Artois Hamilton and bore several names: Hamilton Hotel, Shoreham Hotel, Beatty House, and Cottage Hotel.
Hope this helps.