|Posted By:||Rosemarie Beebe|
|Subject:||FOLLOW-UP: Frederick J, Smith, George Smith, "Mr. Smith" - Henry Co. IA|
|Post Date:||October 23, 2006 at 16:55:43|
|Forum:||Henry County, IA Genealogy Forum|
Greetings to all,
My sister and I have made some progress in our search for "Mr. Smith." My sister found out that he is HENRY SMITH, who was born in Ohio in 1826. He married MARGARET "KATE" BEAVERS" (not Beaber) in Tuscarawas Co., OH, on 7 Jun 1946. My sister has the marriage record, but no other pertinent information is listed on it. Margaret's parents were GEORGE BEAVERS, b. 1801 in PA, and MARY. We do not know who Henry's parents are.
Margaret and Henry lived in Ohio; Clay Co., IN; and Henry Co., IA, and had six children:
(1) JACOB SMITH, b. 1849
(2) GEORGE SMITH, b. Dec 1852, d. 1892 -(my ggf)
(3) ELIZABETH SMITH, b. 1858
(4) JOHN SMITH, b. 7 Feb, 1861 (Never married; buried in Lockridge, Jefferson Co., IA, has no headstone)
(5) ISAAC SMITH, b. 1863
(6) NANCY SMITH, b. 1865.
GEORGE SMITH and EMMA VANDOREN had five children:
(1) JOHN WILLIAM SMITH, b. Mar 1875,
(2) LEWIS ALBERT SMITH, b. 10 May 1878, d. 1953, bur. Lambirth Cemetery
(3) SAMUEL KIAH SMITH, b. 17 Dec 1881 ?Seneca, Nemaha Co. KS
(4) FREDERICK JACOB SMITH, b. Sep 1885, Seneca, Nemaha Co., KS, d. ?23 Jul 1952. - (my gf) **A kind person named Leslie is sending me his obituary, and an entry for him in Lambirth Cemetery**
(5) JANIE SMITH, b. 14 Mar 1892, d. 18 Aug 1893
Leslie also found a marriage record of Urial T. Smith to Catharine B. Walters, but I know now that they are not in my direct line; as well as a birth record for an infant Smith, but also not related.
I have found out more information about Mabel Brumbaugh, so I am square there. I have that info if anyone needs it. I also found out that Frederick was married in between Mabel and Hazel, to a ROSEMOND NARCISSUS WALKER, a schoolteacher in Sesser, IL.
If anyone can help us get beyond HENRY SMITH and MARGARET BEAVERS' parents GEORGE BEAVERS and MARY, please feel free to jump in!!
Thanks again to Leslie for all your help!
Rosemarie (Smith) Beebe